Each lesson contains a theme, an aim, a Bible verse, a Bible illustration, a practical application and corresponding activities, songs, take-home worksheets to reinforce the teaching. Therefore, depending on your requirements, every lesson can comprise a complete lengthy program or a short half-hour lesson.
There are seven series in the set which may be used in any order as the Lord leads you. Within each series, the lessons are sequenced in such a way that you will be able to build weekly upon the foundation laid through the previous lesson.
Children gain knowledge and process information in many different ways. There are:
- auditory learners who use their voices and ears to learn
- motion learners who are stimulated to learn through activity
- visual learners to process information more easily through what they see
- hands-on learners remember best what they are able to touch with their hands
- independent learners who prefer to work alone
- group learners who enjoy joint interaction, discussion and co-operation
The lessons can be used to incorporate all learning styles. Almost every lesson in all seven series contains a choice of worksheets and activities. You will need to determine beforehand which is most suitable for your group based on the main points you want to convey plus the age range and preferred learning methods of the children.
Be aware that younger children usually find it difficult to understand abstract truths and concepts such as faith, God, the Trinity, heaven, etc. They more easily understand things they can actually see and hear. Therefore the use of large, colourful pictures and other visual aids greatly help the children to grasp the message. All of the graphics in these Children’s Bible Lessons may be photocopied and enlarged for your lessons.
You may like to add extra ideas and material to your file weekly so that you can build up a valuable resource folder for future reference.